We’re starting the work and school week with sunshine. Highs will climb into the mid-50s, seasonable for this time of year.
A strong storm system is set to arrive late Monday night into early Tuesday morning. Widespread rain will overspread North Texas as colder air also arrives. It looks to be primarily a cold rain, Tuesday morning. This cold rain will change to a rain/snow mix, along and north of I-20 – including the Dallas/Fort Worth area, by Tuesday afternoon. The best chance for snow will be to the northwest of DFW, where a couple of inches could accumulation (mainly on the grass and elevated objects). We will continue to monitor this storm system as it moves toward North Texas.
Colder air moves into North Texas in the wake of this system. Highs will just climb into the upper-40s to mid-50s on Wednesday and Thursday. Expect overnight lows to fall into the upper-20s to lower-30s.
-NBC5 Meteorologist Grant Johnston
- MONDAY: Mostly sunny with increasing clouds by the evening. High: 57. Wind: E 5-10 mph.
- TONIGHT: Becoming cloudy with a 60% chance of rain toward sunrise. Low: 40. Wind: E 10 mph.
- TUESDAY: Cloudy and chilly with a 100% chance of rain, some snow mixing with rain by the afternoon. Low: 40. High: 42. Wind: N 10-20 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Partly to mostly cloudy and chilly. Low: 34. High: 48. Wind: NW 10-15 mph.
- THURSDAY: Sunny and cool. Low: 32. High: 53. Wind: NW 5-10 mph.
- FRIDAY: Mostly sunny and pleasant. Low: 34. High: 61. Wind: SW 5-10 mph.
- SATURDAY: Mostly cloudy and pleasant with a 20% chance of showers. Low: 44. High: 63. Wind: S 10-15 mph.
- SUNDAY: Partly cloudy and pleasant with a 10% chance of showers. Low: 50. High: 65. Wind: S 10-15 mph.
- MONDAY: Partly cloudy and cooler. Low: 38. High: 56. Wind: N 10-15 mph.
- TUESDAY: Partly cloudy and seasonable. Low: 39. High: 57. Wind: NE 5-10 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Partly cloudy and seasonable. Low: 39. High: 56. Wind: NE 5-10 mph.
story by The Texas Tribune Source link