Fall begins with little fanfare in North Texas as the late-summer heat carries over. Today will be hot and sunny with a high in the upper 90s. The weekend weather will be quite similar with hot and dry weather. Thankfully, the low humidity will help make the heat a little more bearable. But you’ll still need to keep the hot weather top-of-mind with your weekend plans. Make sure to stay hydrated.
Some heat relief is expected by early next week. A cold front will arrive Sunday evening, allowing for temperatures to come down by Monday morning. High temperatures will be in the 80s next week with low temperatures down into the low 60s. Unfortunately though, the chance of rain looks low.
-NBC5 Meteorologist Grant Johnston
- FRIDAY: Sunny and hot. High: 97. Wind: S 5-10 mph.
- TONIGHT: Mostly clear. Low: 75. Wind: Calm.
- SATURDAY: Mostly sunny and hot. Low: 75. High: 97. Wind: S 10 mph.
- SUNDAY: Mostly sunny and hot. Low: 74. High: 95. Wind: S 10 mph.
- MONDAY: Partly cloudy and not as hot. Low: 69. High: 89. Wind: NE 10-15 mph.
- TUESDAY: Sunny and warm. Low: 63. High: 88. Wind: NE 5-10 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Sunny and warm. Low: 63. High: 87. Wind: E 10 mph.
- THURSDAY: Sunny and warm. Low: 62. High: 87. Wind: E 10 mph.
- FRIDAY: Sunny and warm. Low: 62. High: 87. Wind: SE 10 mph.
- SATURDAY: Sunny and warm. Low: 64. High: 89. Wind: SE 5-10 mph.
- SUNDAY: Sunny and warm. Low: 65. High: 90. Wind: SE 5-10 mph.
story by The Texas Tribune Source link